Sunday, January 19, 2014

A strange, awful day

My blog about Friday night was first interrupted by a power outage, but hey, Es México. So I went to the plaza did some business and then to Walmart for some supplies they would most likely have. When I returned I found out about a family tragedy which consumed the rest of my day.

Thank goodness for Skype and the phone number I bought for three months. My family can reach me if I am in my apartment, and for pennies, literally, I can call anyone through my computer. This is a travel blog, and not the place for family matters, so I am going to pass on.

I had dinner last night at the closest restaurant, El Serape which serves very good Mexican food in a nice setting: here's the link.

Right now it's a bit cloudy and coolish, about 10c. Later I'm going to catch a bus to Chapala and walk the malecon, the waterside walkway which will be replete with artisan booths and merchants of all sorts. That report and photos will come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment