Monday, January 20, 2014

Downtown Ajijic

I worked for a couple of hours after getting up this morning, and then headed out about noon. I walked west a couple of blocks, the  south to the lake. One block to the east the Ajijic malecon begins, and runs for about one K.But before I got there I passed an interesting sight - the making of chicharones, the Mexican snack made from pig's skin. It's made in a stile similar to carnitas, but, I think following the carnita cooking. Here's a photo. More about carnitas in a later post.



When I did get to the malecon, this is what I saw.

It's a lovely walk with the occasional sculpture,


 as well as fishermen neting those tiny fish I showed in my blog yesterday.




I visited some of the shops along Colon, and then returned to Lakeside to have a comida at Maria Isabel. It has decent Mexican food and is beautifully situated right by the lake. Two chicken tacos and a mineral water set me back $5.

Tonight I may just amble back up to El Sarape for Sopa Tortilla.

Oh, I almost forgot! I don't know if you're into this sort of thing - I'm not. But here in México you  can get girlfriends delivered to you door. Unfortunately, there's only one style, but hey, they are delivered.











No comments:

Post a Comment