Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wednesday is market day

Every Wednesday the street along the Bull Ring [not used for that anymore,] becomes the tianguis, the market place. For about the length of three long avenue blocks there are innumerable stalls selling everything from chiles to brassieres. It's packed with people getting their week's supplies of veggies, any needed gifts or treats, missing parts from your mixer or blender, clothes, and more. Also, great tacos. here you can see brassieres, health supplements and vitamins, chiles, and fish. (To see more click on the link to the right that says, MX jan 22 Tianguis.)





It was great fun, and I enjoyed the hustle and bustle.

I had brunch this morning at Cafe B&W after discovering that the coffee I'd been making at home was decaf. Grrr.  Fixed that on my way home from the tianguis.

My eating is falling into a pattern, If I have la comida at 1:30, then I just snack at home or make a bacon cheese tortilla for myself at night. Or, if the spirit moves me I have a light lunch and a real dinner at yanqui time. Tonight I ended up dining at 7 at Merendero where I actually had a very nice hamburger.

Walking today: 3.5 K

I also during the afternoon, had to spend about 3 and 1/2 hours dealing with airlines to change my flights so I could go to Sacramento on family business on the way home. So, if you're looking for me, I won't be in TO until 6 March.




No comments:

Post a Comment